Can I control how often Quicken downloads data from my linked banks

It appears that Quicken downloads data from linked banks automatically. To expedite the speed of the program I would generally prefer to control how often Quicken downloads data manually

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    To download all connected accounts, click the Circle/Arrow icon at the top of the sidebar, or click menu Accounts > Update All Online Accounts. To download only a subset of accounts, click menu Accounts > Update Selected Online Account. Be aware that when you do the latter, if set up as Direct Connect, all account at the same financial institution will update together. If set up as Quicken Connect, all Quicken Connect accounts will update together.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    QMac does not download transaction data automatically. However, it can download quote data every 60 minutes (which would include when the program opens). This can be change in menu Quicken > Preferences > Connected Services. 
  • Daffy Duck
    Daffy Duck Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the response - but that raises the reverse question - how do I get Quicken to download data from my linked bank? (I have been able to set up the links)
  • RickO
    Answer ✓
    To download all connected accounts, click the Circle/Arrow icon at the top of the sidebar, or click menu Accounts > Update All Online Accounts. To download only a subset of accounts, click menu Accounts > Update Selected Online Account. Be aware that when you do the latter, if set up as Direct Connect, all account at the same financial institution will update together. If set up as Quicken Connect, all Quicken Connect accounts will update together.
  • Daffy Duck
    Daffy Duck Member ✭✭✭
    @RickO - thanks - a the information is helpful
This discussion has been closed.