New Improved Cloud Deleting Split Detail

Options
2»

Answers

• TomR
    TomR Member
    Options
    I have lost all Split Transactions within my Memorized Payees today! I have attempted all suggested fixes within Quicken Support online with no change... I have to manually enter all Split Transactions each time!
  • System
    System Member admin
    Options
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Split Transactions within Memorized Transactions Not Working.
  • paladin
    paladin Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm a Quicken user since 1993. In my business (acting) I receive royalties (residuals) from multiple sources in varying amounts. Every check I receive I split the transaction into "SAG-AFTRA:Income" and "Tax" so that I know my gross and withholdings. About a month ago I renewed my Quicken subscription, and a few days later I discovered to my horror that two years worth of my painstakingly entered split transactions had disappeared. The various payees (e.g. Warner Bros., Disney, NBC, etc.) had all been replaced by the generic "SAG-AFTRA". To make it worse, my recent backup files had been corrupted too. I had to locate and restore a backup from 3 months earlier that had not been affected. So, in order to rectify the problem, I had to track down, re-enter and reconcile 3 months worth of residual payments, bank transactions, credit card transactions, and investment transactions. This took at least 4 hours of stupefying work. The instability of Quicken has cost me enormous time and caused more stress than I thought possible. This particular glitch -- the corruption of my data -- was the worst. My confidence is irreparably shattered. Needless to say, I disabled anything to do with cloud or mobile.
    Quicken Windows User since 1992
  • zamo132
    zamo132 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken STILL hasn’t fixed this?? Unbelievable. Why offer mobile sync at all when it corrupts the data file? I tried it about a year ago and it corrupted my data file. I guess I still shouldn’t use mobile sync. Shameless of Quicken to advertise mobile sync as a feature.
  • Roger Miller
    Roger Miller Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I disabled synch to cloud about a year ago, since it not only was corrupting transactions, but also corrupting my saved bill reminders. I haven't used it since then. I found that I can get by without using mobile synch or the mobile apps. If I travel, I have Quicken desktop installed on my laptop, and I just simply copy over my latest data file.
    QWin Premier user since 1997. QWin Premier subscription on Windows 10 & 11. I don't use mobile & web or bill pay.

This discussion has been closed.