Everytime I download one investment account at the aggregate price does not match the security price

Options
I have a large investment brokerage account which has multiple securities in it from many financial firms. In this case Vangard BNDX and VTABX Quicken confuses and places the current price of VTABX to match the price of BNDX. I have to manually update the entry on the investment holdings page to correct this. I have verified that both securities have the right lookup on the network. I am not sure if Quicken uses the description instead of the symbol value to update the total price for all securities in the list or if there is a setting I need to change.

Answers

• mharris1962
    Options
    What I normally see os the two stocks match on pricing in this example the BNDX ETF seems to come first, and the price for that is used to replace the total value price of the VATBX Admiral shares.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First thought I have is the the real world securities are mis-matched to the Quicken securities.  I'd edit the two Quicken securities, uncheck the matched to online security box, and then to rematch correctly -- either do another download or go to Tools / Online Center and get to the applicable Compare to Portfolio.

Prices from Quicken's data supplier rely on ticker symbol.  Prices and transactions from the financial institutions rely on the matchup (fundamentally a CUSIP number).  

HTH