MAC Budget, Category not showing Actual amounts, Category missing.

billeye10
billeye10 Member ✭✭✭
I have a budget I been using that was working just fine. However, now a category is showing 0 (zero) in the actual row (not pulling in the values from the register). There are many transaction in this category. The Budgeted row is showing correctly. Also there is a category completely missing. Here is the unfortunate part. I recently updated to Big Sur (11.1). and this was the first time I opened the report since the Big Sur update. I created a new budget from scratch and the results are the same.
Currently using Quicken v 6.0.3. Last time I looked at this report I was using Catalina. I have seen previous posts (closed) that apear to be similar. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

• billeye10
    billeye10 Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi MontanaKarl
    Thanks for the reply. Yes I did check that categories and accounts were selected and even created new budget and report (transactions by category) with all categories and accounts selected with the same results. I took a step back in troubleshooting and did a basic replacing of a few transaction categories to something else then retuned them back to the original category. That worked. Go figure. something just seem flaky here I just glad i got the budget woking again. It is a great tool.

Answers

• MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    No ideas on why a category in your budget is not reporting the actuals - unless the date range for the budget doesn't match a period including transactions for that category?  Or, the transactions are in an account not included in the budget?

As to the missing category - have you edited your budget to select the missing category(ies)?  With the budget displayed, click the Edit Budget button near the top left under the budget title.  At the bottom of the window that appears, you will see a Select Categories button.  Click that and make sure that the 'missing' category has a checkmark.

In that same screen, click the Select Accounts button and make sure that the account(s) for the category showing 0 actuals has a checkmark.

Does that get you closer to what you expect?

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

• billeye10
    billeye10 Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi MontanaKarl
    Thanks for the reply. Yes I did check that categories and accounts were selected and even created new budget and report (transactions by category) with all categories and accounts selected with the same results. I took a step back in troubleshooting and did a basic replacing of a few transaction categories to something else then retuned them back to the original category. That worked. Go figure. something just seem flaky here I just glad i got the budget woking again. It is a great tool.
This discussion has been closed.