When I do an online account update - investment transactions are deleted from years ago

Options
cvfuchs
cvfuchs Member ✭✭
I've used Quicken for years, but suddenly today I have investment transactions disappearing when I do an online account update. I restored form a backup earlier in the month to be confirm the transactions where there previously but they disappear when I update the account from that backup file. The transactions are 2 and 3 years old but it totally screws up my data. Why would this suddenly start happening?

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @cvfuchs

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is odd that it's been removing transactions from previous years. I'm wondering what exactly is the cause. First we'll want to restore a backup of our original transactions. To do so you can navigate one across the top left to file > Backup and restore > Restore from backup file. You'll want to find the most recent one with a clear balance.

Do you have the mobile sync enabled? If so could we try turning that off. To do so you can navigate across the top right to edit > Preferences > Mobile and web > Snyc:Off

Once this is done next we'll want to try to copy and validate your file. You can do so with the article down below. It'll be the fourth step

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Once you've done this try to update again and see if we're still having issues when we update. If we are let us know if it's the same issue as well again. 

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• cvfuchs
    cvfuchs Member ✭✭
    Options
    Now I'm not sure when the problem occurred. I went back one further backup to early December, made sure all the amounts were correct and I think everything is fine now. Still don't know why the transactions were deleted, but glad to be able to get my data back.
This discussion has been closed.