Won't let me add an account?

I have been attempting to add an update account to my quicken file for one-step update. It is a loan account H.E.L.O.C. I do the on-line add operation(s). When the list of accounts pop up for my financial institution, all my already connected accounts show up along with the account I want to add. At the end of that line it says "do not add to quicken". Normally there would be a selection process where I could Link it to an existing account, ignore, etc. Why can't I add it?
Quicken user since DOS 1.1 (1983)

Best Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Do not add to Quicken typically means Quicken thinks the account at the financial institution has already been linked to an account in Quicken
  • Dave Robinson
    Dave Robinson Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank you... I did attempt it again via a different "button" and the screen that popped up had the selection window available. Originally it said 'do not link' or something like that. I opened the drop-down and pointed to the proper account. It then updated followed by a note saying the account was not found at OBEE credit union... head scratcher since it did download and update. Oh well, I am happy for the moment and thank you for your input.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Do not add to Quicken typically means Quicken thinks the account at the financial institution has already been linked to an account in Quicken
  • Dave Robinson
    Dave Robinson Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank you... I did attempt it again via a different "button" and the screen that popped up had the selection window available. Originally it said 'do not link' or something like that. I opened the drop-down and pointed to the proper account. It then updated followed by a note saying the account was not found at OBEE credit union... head scratcher since it did download and update. Oh well, I am happy for the moment and thank you for your input.
This discussion has been closed.