Quicken Tax Category for Estimated Tax Payments Does Not Map to TurboTax

Just imported my tax report from Quicken into TurboTax as a TXF. Noticed my Federal estimated tax payments (properly assigned a tax category in Quicken), did not map to the proper tax payment fields in TurboTax 2020. Would have been a nasty surprise if I didn't double check. Everything else mapped properly. Not sure if this is a TurboTax or Quicken issue.

Is this just my install?
Tagged:

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    "Properly assigned to a tax category" may or may not be correct. What category did you use for your estimated tax payments?

Quicken has a default category called Taxes:Federal Tax, but when you open it, it shows it maps to W-2 Withholding (federal employee withholding tax).

If you created your own Category for estimated tax payments, it should be mapped to "Form 1040 > Federal estimated tax, qrtrly".

Do you have your estimated tax payments going to such a category, and it imported in the wrong place, or is your category/mapping in Quicken not right?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jdpuglisi
    jdpuglisi Member ✭✭
    It's is mapped to Form 1040 > Federal estimated tax, qtrly. I think the problem is on the TurboTax end because the raw txf file has the entry.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    I just tried a direct import (as opposed to TXF file) from Quicken into TurboTax and it messed up my estimated tax payments also. I got some weird confirmation prompts and when it was done, only 1 of my estimated tax payments appeared in the tax return. I would say TT has a bug here. Time to visit TurboTax Community and let them know.
    This may be due to the estimated tax deadlines being changed for 2020 due to COVID.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• jdpuglisi
    jdpuglisi Member ✭✭
    edited December 2020
    @Rocket J Squirrel said:
    >I just tried a direct import (as opposed to TXF file) from Quicken into TurboTax and it messed up my estimated tax payments also. I got some weird confirmation prompts and when it was done, only 1 of my estimated tax payments appeared in the tax return. I would say TT has a bug here. Time to visit TurboTax Community and let them know.This may be due to the estimated tax deadlines being changed for 2020 due to COVID.

Done. [removed self-referencing link]
This discussion has been closed.