How do I Create a Budget Using Actual Spending?

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: How do I create my 2021 budget using 2020 data?.

Best Answer

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you do nothing, then when the new year rolls around, it will automatically create/switch to the new year's budget using the existing goals from the prior year. 

If you manually switch the calendar at the top to a year in the future, then you will be presented with the option asking you how to proceed.

I don't believe there is a way to switch a budget once it has been generated. But, if you just let your budget roll over, then it should be using the default Current Budget goals. Take a look at your budget for 2021 and see if the goals line up-I am wondering if you are seeing the zeros from actuals.

Answers

• BBQuickHelpCmty
    Options
    I tried (MAC version) what John_in_NC suggested, but I never got/get the choice of options to copy from my 2020 budget. A few of last year's budget numbers are shown, but for the most part it's all zeros. Is there any way to force it to give me the options to use existing goals, zeros, estimates based on prior year, etc?
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you do nothing, then when the new year rolls around, it will automatically create/switch to the new year's budget using the existing goals from the prior year. 

If you manually switch the calendar at the top to a year in the future, then you will be presented with the option asking you how to proceed.

I don't believe there is a way to switch a budget once it has been generated. But, if you just let your budget roll over, then it should be using the default Current Budget goals. Take a look at your budget for 2021 and see if the goals line up-I am wondering if you are seeing the zeros from actuals.

This discussion has been closed.