Investing account is linked to wrong bank for downloads. How do I change?

One of my investing accounts is with Stash. While trying to setup the account for download, I inadvertently selected the wrong bank. I cannot find where to change this.
Edit Account Details/Online Services/Online setup has the "Set up Now" button, but when I click it, it tries to run an online update and takes me sign in screen dialog for the incorrectly selected bank.

How do I change this bank assignment?

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @dlipetz

I suggest that you go to the "General" tab of "Edit Account Details" and if there is any information in the "Account Number", "Routing Number", or "Customer ID" fields you should delete it.  Then try connecting again.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @dlipetz

I suggest that you go to the "General" tab of "Edit Account Details" and if there is any information in the "Account Number", "Routing Number", or "Customer ID" fields you should delete it.  Then try connecting again.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• dlipetz
    dlipetz Member ✭✭✭
    Frankx - thanks for getting me on the right track. While the Routing Number and Customer ID fields were blank, the Financial Institution field was editable (it is not on the online services tab), so all I had to do was delete the entry from the Financial Institution field and I am good again. Thanks for the help!
This discussion has been closed.