transactions and dates missing in reconciling

Options
Hello, upon reconciling my bank statement today in Quicken H&B, I do not have all my transactions listed even though they are listed on the register. It seems that the transactions in the recon window stopped on 12/30/20and did not continue to the current date. What happen and how do I correct the problem.
ps, I do not download any transaction ,but manually add them to the register.

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @mjbarr3,

When you started the reconciliation you apparently (and likely correctly) entered that date of the reconciliation as 12/31/2020 (which also may be the date of your most recent bank statement.  So, Quicken asks for the "as of" date for the reconciliation process, and therefore Quicken will correctly show only those transactions that occurred up to, and including that date.  This is precisely how a reconciliation process is supposed to work.

If you want to reconcile to a more recent date, you need to establish that date when you start the reconciliation process.

Let me know if you have any followup questions.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @mjbarr3,

When you started the reconciliation you apparently (and likely correctly) entered that date of the reconciliation as 12/31/2020 (which also may be the date of your most recent bank statement.  So, Quicken asks for the "as of" date for the reconciliation process, and therefore Quicken will correctly show only those transactions that occurred up to, and including that date.  This is precisely how a reconciliation process is supposed to work.

If you want to reconcile to a more recent date, you need to establish that date when you start the reconciliation process.

Let me know if you have any followup questions.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• mjbarr3
    mjbarr3 Member ✭✭
    Options
    OK , Thanks, I went back and changed the " as of "date and all my transactions showed up .

Thank, Mike
This discussion has been closed.