Downloaded transactions don't appear in Quicken

My downloaded transaction won't appear in my register. Help only refers me to the downloaded transactions tab which doesn't appear. I have to manually enter transactions and then I still have issues reconciling. This only started recently - any ideas?

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @maryoppliger,

Are you sure that transactions are actually downloading - e.g. have you gone online @ your bank's website and seen recent activity?  Also, what download method are you using - Direct Connect, Express Web Connect, or Web Connect?  And finally is the problem with one or more financial institutions and one or more accounts?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• dtice
    dtice Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same problem. I get the red flag on the accounts with new transactions but they don't appear in the "Downloaded Transactions" Even manually entering them does not help because you can't reconcile until the flag goes away. Downloading a qfx file does not help, nothing appears in Quicken desktop when opening file. Running 2020 R30.14 build 27.1.30.14. Like the other user this just started a few days ago.
  • nca
    nca Member
    Same problem downloading from credit union after I updated Quicken. It ask for password vault password. I don’t use password vault
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Hello everyone 

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is odd that you're still flags with no downloads. Are all of the accounts experiencing issues coming from one bank or multiple? This has been a thing since a couple weeks ago but have you been able to accept the transactions over those two weeks?  Another thing may be we may need to try updating the program as well.

One thing to try to remove the red flags/push the transactions through is to edit the register preferences real quick to see if any are stuck that we're unable to see. To do this navigate across the top to edit > preferences > Downloaded Transactions > Select Automatically add to banking registers. Hit OK then see if we have any new transactions that show up in the register. Afterwards go ahead and navigate to the same area and turn off the automatic entry if you'd like

Once you have a chance let us know how it goes and any additional information that you've been able to find as well. 

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• maryoppliger
    maryoppliger Member
    edited January 2021
    None of the suggestions helped. I don't have red flags - nothing appears in my register. The online balance is updated but none of the transactions. I'm using direct connect. I even tried inactivating the direct connect to reconnect it, but it won't let me because there are downloaded transactions...
    the first time I wrote up this issue, I dropped it - the transactions eventually appeared in my register. But when I went in to day, they wouldn't appear after downloading them. Now they just appeared after I pressed a few buttons. [removed - profanity]! Something is wrong but it fixes itself after you get frustrated.
  • Did you ever get a resolution maryoppliger? I'm having the same trouble.
  • Surfer2839
    Surfer2839 Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same problem after the most recent Quicken update. Prior to the update, transactions did appear under the "Transaction Download" tab in the register along with a red flag next to the relevant account. After the update, a red flag still appears next to the account for which transactions are downloaded. However, those transactions do not appear in the "Transaction Download" tab for verification. I was told that I needed to set my preferences to immediately download the transactions into the register which is contrary to the information provided by Quicken, that is, if a user does not set the indicator to immediately download transactions into Quicken, the default is to download the transactions into the "Downloaded Transaction" tab for verification by the user before being entered into the register. Apparently the issues addressed in January 2021have sprung up again in August 2021.
  • GermanBlueRam
    GermanBlueRam Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have been having this problem sporadically. I will do an OSU for 10+ accounts, and the problem described above will occur for one of them (most often a brokerage account like Fidelity or Wells Fargo). I simply do another download, for that account only, and the missing transactions then appear.