Why has my bank balance changed since the last time I closed Quicken?

Options
About $30,000 has been added to my checking account balance since the last time I opened Quicken. I have more than 15 years of data on my file. I use Quicken, if not daily, than almost daily.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @John Schieve,

A mysterious extra $30k in your checking account? Let's try to help you track this down.
    At the bottom of the checking account Register, is it the Online Balance, Current Balance or Ending Balance that shows the extra $30k?

Knowing which balance is off will pretty well dictate the solution to the mystery. (In your Quicken software, click the blue circle question mark symbol to the left of "Online Balance" for a description of what each type of balance means.)

Have you tried Reconciling your checking account to try to find and fix discrepancies?

Answers

• Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @John Schieve,

A mysterious extra $30k in your checking account? Let's try to help you track this down.
    At the bottom of the checking account Register, is it the Online Balance, Current Balance or Ending Balance that shows the extra $30k?

Knowing which balance is off will pretty well dictate the solution to the mystery. (In your Quicken software, click the blue circle question mark symbol to the left of "Online Balance" for a description of what each type of balance means.)

Have you tried Reconciling your checking account to try to find and fix discrepancies?
This discussion has been closed.