importing Quicken Deluxe to new comptuer

I have my backup file of Quicken Deluxe from my old computer. I got a new computer and I'm able to set up all of my accounts as new, but I want to import my backup file too. How do I do that? It's Quicken Deluxe 2020.

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    You don't need to start a new file and set up your accounts again. Just double click the backup file, and Quicken will open and ask you if you want to restore it. After you restore, everything should be just like you had it on the old computer. The only exception is a very few settings in Preferences that are global (not file-specific).
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• Sara
    Sara Member ✭✭
    Also, will all of the categories that I created be imported too or do I have to redo those?
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    You don't need to start a new file and set up your accounts again. Just double click the backup file, and Quicken will open and ask you if you want to restore it. After you restore, everything should be just like you had it on the old computer. The only exception is a very few settings in Preferences that are global (not file-specific).
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • DebK
    DebK Member ✭✭
    Thank you. Will the same be true of my situation: I use Quicken 2007 and have a new Mac running Catalina (10.15.7).
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @DebK You can import each Quicken 2007 data file into a modern Quicken Mac file.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.