Home Quicken for Mac File Conversion and Backup (Mac)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

importing Quicken Deluxe to new comptuer

I have my backup file of Quicken Deluxe from my old computer. I got a new computer and I'm able to set up all of my accounts as new, but I want to import my backup file too. How do I do that? It's Quicken Deluxe 2020.

Best Answer

• RickORickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Accepted Answer
    You don't need to start a new file and set up your accounts again. Just double click the backup file, and Quicken will open and ask you if you want to restore it. After you restore, everything should be just like you had it on the old computer. The only exception is a very few settings in Preferences that are global (not file-specific).
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• SaraSara Member ✭✭
    Also, will all of the categories that I created be imported too or do I have to redo those?
  • RickORickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Accepted Answer
    You don't need to start a new file and set up your accounts again. Just double click the backup file, and Quicken will open and ask you if you want to restore it. After you restore, everything should be just like you had it on the old computer. The only exception is a very few settings in Preferences that are global (not file-specific).
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s