Transferring Account Category

Markvman
Markvman Member
I recently had catastrophic computer failure and I had to reload everything onto my Mac. I am using the Quicken Mac subscription. For some reason one of my checking accounts when downloaded came up as a “separate account“ category. It clearly should be in the cash category with my other checking accounts. I have spent quite a bit of time online and searching through the FAQs and questions here without being able to resolve this problem. Help! Thank you.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    Right click on any account in the left account list and choose "Hide and Show Accounts" from the popup menu.  (Or use the Accounts menu in the top menu bar.)

The "Hide and Show Accounts" dialog will now appear.  Simply uncheck the "Keep Separate" box for the affected checking account.  The checking account will go back to the Banking > Cash group.

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

Answers

• MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    Right click on any account in the left account list and choose "Hide and Show Accounts" from the popup menu.  (Or use the Accounts menu in the top menu bar.)

The "Hide and Show Accounts" dialog will now appear.  Simply uncheck the "Keep Separate" box for the affected checking account.  The checking account will go back to the Banking > Cash group.

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

This discussion has been closed.