Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

budgets not saved

For several years now Quicken will not save any budget I've created. I've updated, uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing. I've never had this problem before a few years ago, had many years of budgets to refer to. I will cancel my subscription if I can't get this solved this year.

RPS

Answers

  • Hello @rpschmitz

    Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. It sounds like you've been experiencing this for quite a while. What troubleshooting steps have you taken prior to this? Does the budget reset or does it just disappear after trying to make it? Have you tried in different file to see if you'd have the same issues as well as a test? Depending on what we're able to find we could try a couple of different things. When you're able to please let us know more and we'll take a further look. 


    Thanks,

    Quicken Francisco


  • rpschmitz
    rpschmitz Member ✭✭
    Past couple of years, in January, we'd try to create a budget based on the previous year but it would not take. Then we deleted all past budgets and tried to create a new one for the current year but exiting the program and coming back to it no budget was to be found. We'd backup the file and load the backup but nothing was there for a budget. All our other data was fine. So this is really odd. I might try creating a new file and create a budget to see if it holds, if so maybe I could import my saved data.
  • rpschmitz
    rpschmitz Member ✭✭
    Quicken Francisco, thanks for the reply and jogging my thoughts on this issue. What I did was to create a new test file, add a couple of dummy accounts and a test budget. I backed the file up and exited the program and started it up and the budget showed up. :) Then I went into the original file and exported the data to a *.QXF transfer and imported it into the test file, backed it up, exited and reopened it. And all was intact. So, I guess that's the solution, create a new file and import the original data and fix up any errors.
This discussion has been closed.