How to combine investment and personal income?

Options
I would like to have budgets and reports show a grand total for all income... both personal and investment income. However, Quicken default investment categories (eg "_divinc") can't be edited to make them subcategories of an "Investment" category. I can assign the default categories to a custom "Investment" group, but I cannot find a way to make that group a subgroup of total income. Unless I'm missing something, I either have to have two groups (one income and one investment income) which I have to manually add together for total income, or I have to have investment categories as separate line items under a total income category group. FWIW I have categories for Social Security, Retirement Income (pensions and IRA's), and Other Income... each of which has subcategories. I would like either another category for all investment income or a subgroup. Is there a way to accomplish that in Quicken?

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @William Evans

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I was thinking here of maybe a way to combine them could be by adding tags to them if you're able to. 

In this case though it may be best to contact Quicken Support via chat or phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so, to have the matter looked at and hopefully fixed promptly. I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Quicken Chat Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Sunday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

This discussion has been closed.