Should I open a new aacount or open a new Quicken file?

Options
I have many missing transactions and my balance is off by over $100,000. I want to start over with a new account. I intend to copy most transactions from saved and backup files and to download new transactions from my back. Should I open a new account in my current file or open a new file and open a new account? My concern is downloading future new transactions to the correct account.

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @jwinkel

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. There's not a true set better path in this case because both options work about the same there's just minor differences. The one thing that a new file will provide would be a reset of any additional tools you have have used as well. That would mean any memorized payees, reminders, and stuff of that sort will all be back to new. This should allow you to morph your file into something more catered towards how you want to use it but you may also already have that in your original file as well. It's ultimately up to you but let us know which option you choose. If you have any other questions please let us know.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

This discussion has been closed.