Why won't Online Bills Refresh

I have searched the community and this seems to be a common issue. At this point none of my online bills will refresh individually or when synced. My options are to pay the bill right then or wait until the day it is due. I need to be able to schedule my bills to pay close to the due dates.

Is there a fix for this? I saw someplace that deleting and re-installing the payees might fix this. Why would I want to do that? If this is a bug, Quicken you need to fix it.

Answers

  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I no longer use bill retrieval but what I've seen recommended most is to Validate Online Billers from the gear in the B&I tab.  If that doesn't work then its delete & reinstall. 
    I stopped using online bills for the very reasons you mention. About half of the billers I had added would no longer update and I was forced to schedule payment using my bank's bill payment service.  Consequently, I also stopped using Bill Manager for payments.  The whole Quicken bill retrieval & payment system was just more trouble that it is worth.
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • Rod H
    Rod H Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your insights.
    So, I guess when my car won't start I should remove the engine and re-install it?
    Is Quicken doing anything about these bugs? I don't need any of the rest of this app other than the bill pay portion of it. I don't know why they released this software without having tested it more thoroughly.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Rod H said:
    So, I guess when my car won't start I should remove the engine and re-install it?
    Maybe disconnecting the battery to clean the terminals is a better analogy.
    Is Quicken doing anything about these bugs? I don't need any of the rest of this app other than the bill pay portion of it. I don't know why they released this software without having tested it more thoroughly.
    The general consensus is that Bill Manager was rushed into service because the Quicken Billpay provider decided to stop doing it.  It was never actually run by Quicken (or Intuit) so they don't have direct control of payments. The new Bill Manager provider relies primarily on getting online bills and then using the various biller's websites to initiate payment (Quick Pay).  So when you tie bill payment to bill retrieval, and rely of the constantly changing software used by the various billers, your going to have some problems. 

    I will say that none of the bill retrieval systems used by my banks or credit unions work very well either.  I've found it easier to just retrieve my own bills and use a bank bill payment service.  I still value the other record keeping services Quicken provides so I decided to continue my subscription but have downgraded to Deluxe.  

    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • fw6322
    fw6322 Windows Beta Beta

    QUICKEN,

    PLAESE LISTEN TO ALL OF THESE COMMENTS!!!!  You do have a problem with Bill Manager and I experience all of the above issues.

    My Biller statements are available on their website and it takes somewhere between 2 to many days for the Bill Manger to update Billers for payment.  These are Chase Credit Cards and Citi Cards.  Even if you receive an Email from Bill Manger that a new payment is available it still isn’t available on the Dashboard.

    My billers with Bill Manger are only 46 percent of my total payments. I have had to use my bank to pay the other 54 percent.  Quicken in the past paid 100 percent of my Billers.

    Quicken user since 1991