[Express] Web Connect + with Capital One is buggy

Options
alan2857
alan2857 Member ✭✭✭
I'm running R31.6 Build 27.1.31.6 and I've noticed problems with Capital One transaction downloads for several weeks (both Bank and Credit Card). I have automatic entry turned off but have noticed that Quicken is matching transactions after download and marking them cleared. Downloaded transaction don't appear in the "Downloaded Transactions" list. Tried reset, no effect. Tried Deactivate then Reactivate no effect. Tried resetting Quicken Web file, seamed to work a little better for a day or two. Also noticed after resetting or Reactivating I'm not getting the 2FA prompt or being sent a SMS code for the account although I do get an email from Capital One that says Quicken has been given account access.

Anybody got any ideas what's going on?

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @alan2857

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I was taking a look and we are currently having issues with importing QFX files by double clicking on the file or opening it outside of quicken in general. One thing we're able to try if to import it by selecting it first in quicken by going across the top to File > Import > Web Connect (QFX) File. This would be a first step but given the amount of time you've had this problem it may also be something else but let's try this first and see what we're able to find out. 

Once you get the chance let us know and we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• alan2857
    alan2857 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I apologize looking at my original entry it may not have been clear that I was talking about Express Web Connect + for transaction downloads. The behaviors I described apply to that scenario. BTW downloading QFX files from Capital One works fine, its just the One Step Update that appears broken.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @alan2857

Thanks for the update and clearing up it's for EWC instead. In that case here lets try seeing in a test file if we'd have similar issues trying to download the transactions. This will let us see if we're able to have the same error while trying to download transactions again. I'll leave steps below on how to do so.

1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.
    Once you've done this see if we get a similar issue as well. Depending on what you're able to find out we'll see what we can try next to get your main files connection back up and running.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • alan2857
    alan2857 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I did as you directed in your previous post and created an new Quicken file, and disabled the web sync, then I added my three Capita One accounts. I encountered several problems. I first selected "Capital One 360" as the financial institution, this yielded two accounts, my checking and savings. I then had to go back and add my Capital One Credit Card separately via add account this time selecting "Capital One Card Services" as the financial institution. After the accounts were added I did a "Select All" for each account for downloaded transactions.

I noticed several problems, firstly the Savings account does not have the correct balance in Quicken. The opening balance is incorrect, but the register online balance shown is correct.

2nd the credit card account shows a zero balance after accepting all the downloaded transactions, again the register Online Balance shows the correct amount.

Quicken did download all the transactions posted in each account correctly.

Not sure if this helps with resolving the original issue; it seams to identify several new issues when loading Capital One account for the 1st time.
  • alan2857
    alan2857 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I did discover an additional anomaly, not sure if it is relevant; Quicken Web version accurately shows cleared transactions for Capital One account entries but the Windows version has some of those same transactions transactions as uncleared. Interestingly when you expand the transaction detail in the Web version it shows that it was downloaded, as it has the download details. The matching transaction in the Windows version is uncleared and when you show the download "details" columns in the Quicken Windows register the data is missing. Does the Web version download the transactions independent of the Windows version? I'm beginning to suspect that my problem may be related to sync issues.
This discussion has been closed.