How do you get running balances to show on a Mac?

SAWiggins
SAWiggins Member
The "gear" icon is grayed out and there is no "balance" option in the columns feature. How do I get the balance to appear? Quicken is USELESS without this.
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @SAWiggins

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering here if the column may not be enabled. To double check we can go check by selecting the register. In the bottom right select column and you should see a list of options and you'll want to make sure the balance option is highlighted blue. There's also quite a few other options that you can explore but that should bring your running balance back up ideally.

Please let us know if this helps resolve the issue for you.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @SAWiggins

What you are describing is because you have selected a group register (eg. Banking, Cash, Savings, Credit Card) in the sidebar rather than an actual account register. Group registers show the transactions of all accounts within that group. But because a running balance doesn't make sense across multiple accounts, the Balance column is not available. The gear icon (Settings) is grayed out because there are no account settings available for a group register.

Once you have selected a single account register, you should see the Balance column. (If not, follow Francisco's instructions above.) Also, make sure the register is sorted by Date by clicking the Date column header (and again to reverse the sort). If the register isn't sorted by date, the numbers in the Balance column will be gray italic.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.