USAA account I am now getting 504 Gateway timeout. Is there a fix? (Win/Mac)

Options
2»

Comments

• jschrunk
    jschrunk Member ✭✭
    Options
    I had it working for two days and then this morning it quit working. Said the new login/passcode combination was not valid. Tried disconnecting /reconnecting/revoking access on USAA and setting up new ID's and it's not working. Anyone else seeing this as of the 5th of February? This is getting really old not being able get consistent access to my information via Quicken.
  • jfen
    jfen Member ✭✭
    Options
    Similar here, things seemed to work Weds then broke Thursday, and I consistently received the 504 error message since including this morning. Spent a long time with USAA phone support and they escalated the ticket but no progress to report. Assuming USAA is using standard HTTP error codes 504 means a timeout on the remote/server side. I asked about updated documentation from USAA but there is none they can share. The CSR though walked me through the instructions they had which are identical to what Quicken posted. It is extremely difficult to get through to (communicate with) USAA by any means, Twitter is best. My web login was broken until yesterday also.
  • S. Wood
    S. Wood Member ✭✭
    Options
    I agree with Chris_QPW. Web Connect is NOT a good idea. I know Quicken Support recommends it but when I tried this connection type it downloaded 3 months of transactions and messed up all my accounts. Like all before me...I finally got everything working with the new USAA access codes. Life was good for two days. And then today I got the dreaded HTTP 504. USAA is a mess right now!
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well to show the inconsistency of USAA keeping the server up. It is now downloading for me.

I'm not really sure if I should take the server going up and down as good sign or a bad one.  On one hand they might be taking it down to put in fixes.  On the other hand they might doing something completely different like the rollout of whatever the "new login procedure" they have posted on their website.  And since the server(s) that Quicken talks happen to be on these new servers we are seeing them bounce up and down.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jfen
    jfen Member ✭✭
    Options
    Connecting now works for me as well. With regard to the login changes, they updated the Quicken login system to use oAuth probably because this centralizes login. I would assume they are trying to do their own version of the login with Google/Facebook/etc. except limited to the USAA points of access/properties. oAuth is in common use so I have trouble wrapping my head why this went so wrong.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @jfen Thanks for the information.  I nice to know that they are going to oAuth.  When working right it is a good and secure system.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jschrunk
    jschrunk Member ✭✭
    Options
    Glad to know I wasn't alone at least. Mine is still broken unfortunately. Says bad Access ID/PIN. I'm going to give it until Monday and then start over on the troubleshooting again. I'm all about security, especially for my banking stuff but this seems like something that could have been troubleshot a little bit further before rolling out.
  • jschrunk
    jschrunk Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > @jfen Thanks for the information.  I nice to know that they are going to oAuth.  When working right it is a good and secure system.

I agree. When working it is solidly secure.
  • jfen
    jfen Member ✭✭
    Options
    @jschrunk Did you try getting the Access ID and Pin again? In case you haven't done that a few times already ;) you click the link to the right when adding USAA-New to get the codes ->

Also I'd suggest clearing your cookies on your browser before doing this. Luck!
  • jschrunk
    jschrunk Member ✭✭
    Options
    @jfen I have tried that multiple times. I've even revoked the access twice from USAA to give that a try and that didn't work. However, I logged in again after I posted the above to try to see if I could figure something out on the USAA site and when I went to the Profile to get the access ID/password and revoke it, it was gone. Just disappeared. So I went through the process again from scratch and got a new access ID/password combo again and this time it worked. Now I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that it continues. Thanks for the direction and feedback it was most appreciated.
  • jfen
    jfen Member ✭✭
    Options
    @jschrunk Glad to hear it! I share in your frustration and hopefully this thread will help others.
This discussion has been closed.