Mismatched Investment Prices for SVFA - Help please

Options
[Quicken Premier 2020, Ver R30.14, Build 27.1.30.14]
[Windows user with a *single* Quicken file that dates back to 1990]

This needs pictures to simply showing my problem.
Image 1 [2021-01-26-Qkn Holdings SVFA] shows my holdings for SVFA on 1/26.
Image 2 [2021-01-26-Qkn Holdings SVFA] shows my holdings for SVFA on 1/27.
Note change in "Quote/Price" from "1" to "12.15" (~$145K bump in my Net Worth! NOT!)

Image 3 [2021-01-27-Qkn Security Report-Share Price] correctly shows SVFA still at "1".
Image 4 [2021-01-30-Qkn Research NASDAQ SVFA] shows mismatched SVFA.
Image 5 [2021-01-30-Qkn Security Detail View SVFA]: "price" still "1" but "quote" @ "12.31".

Obviously between 1/26 & 1/27 Quicken introduced a mismatch on SVFA, which I noticed when it reported my Net Worth increased by ~$145K [not from buying GameStop ;) ]

As Image 5 clearly shows, Quicken's SVFA price of 1 is correct for this "(T Rowe Price) TRP STABLE VALUE FUND SCH A". But it's quote/price of $12.31" is for a NASDAQ holding for SVFA. And it's using the quote/price to report out Market Value & Net Worth. Even though the correct Reinvested-Interest-TXNs shown for 1/29 was downloaded & entered as shown in Image 5's "Transaction History."

Help, please.

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    I suggest you manually correct the price history of the security.

For fixed priced securities, I suggest not checking the Download Quotes box on the Security List.  

Note: The SVFA is not the ticker symbol for (T Rowe Price) TRP STABLE VALUE FUND SCH A.  You may want to clear the ticker symbol from the security to avoid confusion in the future.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    I suggest you manually correct the price history of the security.

For fixed priced securities, I suggest not checking the Download Quotes box on the Security List.  

Note: The SVFA is not the ticker symbol for (T Rowe Price) TRP STABLE VALUE FUND SCH A.  You may want to clear the ticker symbol from the security to avoid confusion in the future.
  • lopat08865
    lopat08865 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you Sherlock!

Followed both your suggestions & everything seems back to normal!

FWIW: T Rowe Price IDs this with SVFA so that's what I'd been using all these years. No idea why NASDAQ's SVFA suddenly entered the picture but your fixes were SO painless I no longer care why ;)