Is there a way to default reconcile to use statement balance instead of use online Balance?

Options
Chipmy
Chipmy Member
I'd used the auto download feature, then realized I didn't care for the auto feature. I would much rather be able to use the names for entries that are more common.
I appreciate any help.
Using Quicken 2016 for MAC version 3.8.3 on my mac with OS 11.2

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    When you first open the reconcile window, you are given a choice of using the Online or Statement Balance. (If you don't see both options, click the BACK button.) In your older version of QMac, the choice defaults to and reverts to Online Balance even if the account was never connected online. The current version of QMac remembers your choice. If you continue using QM2016, you will need to always click the Statement Balance button when you start a reconcile.

BTW, with online connected accounts in current QMac, there is a preference setting (Preferences > Connected Services > Automatically Improve Downloaded Payee Names and Categories) that you can deselect to use the entered or standard payee/category names for online accounts. For these reasons, you may want to consider upgrading to current QMac. In addition to these differences, there are many other improvements since 2016 both big and small.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.