Reconcile Question coming from Quicken for Windows

I've been using Quicken for Windows since 1993 and have a file containing over 32,000 transactions. Currently running on a mac via VMWare Fusion running Windows 10. I installed Quicken for Mac and have a question regarding checking account reconcile on the mac version. Under Windows, I would download transaction activity from Wells Fargo for a given month, double click the downloaded file and it would automatically open in Quicken for me to match the transactions. I'd accept/adjust the transactions, the go to reconcile to confirm. Does the mac version offer the same process? I don't really want to link the account in Quicken to my Wells Fargo account for online transaction importing.
Thinking about upgrading my 2015 iMac to a new M1 mac which precludes me from using the VM/Windows process.
TIA for any input.

Best Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    If you've installed QMac, then I think you might already know how it works.

If you import transaction activity via QFX Web Connect, then the account is considered "linked" online, even if it is a quite manual method of transaction import. This is no different than QWin.

Transaction import is indeed more automated now. The exercise of having to import/review transactions prior to import has been done away with. All transactions are now imported immediately and matched. In the rare event one is mismatched, you still have the ability to reject the match

You can still use the Status column to "Review" transactions upon import/match if that warms your heart. 
  • John_in_NC
    Answer ✓
    I don't have Quicken in front of me to take a screenshot, but look at your reconcile window. You will see a Back button on it-click that to take you back where you can enter the details.

Answers

• John_in_NC
    Answer ✓
    If you've installed QMac, then I think you might already know how it works.

If you import transaction activity via QFX Web Connect, then the account is considered "linked" online, even if it is a quite manual method of transaction import. This is no different than QWin.

Transaction import is indeed more automated now. The exercise of having to import/review transactions prior to import has been done away with. All transactions are now imported immediately and matched. In the rare event one is mismatched, you still have the ability to reject the match

You can still use the Status column to "Review" transactions upon import/match if that warms your heart. 
  • Twoof
    Twoof Member
    Makes total sense. That's what I was hoping for.
    Thanks for your assistance!
  • Haverty
    Haverty Member ✭✭
    John, maybe you can help me with a reconcile issue. When I went to reconcile my Jan bank statement the screen didn't allow me to enter the dates for the period. The statement balance was entered by default from Quicken with no way to change the numbers. This has never happened before.
  • John_in_NC
    Answer ✓
    I don't have Quicken in front of me to take a screenshot, but look at your reconcile window. You will see a Back button on it-click that to take you back where you can enter the details.
This discussion has been closed.