One Step Update Not Working

I have been receiving the following error/message since Saturday morning. See attached.

"Quickens online service is not available at this time. Please wait at least 10 minutes, then try again."

This has been received every time I run the update.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @DavidSmith,

Sorry to hear that you are having this problem.  To fix it, I suggest that you try the following steps:

1) Go into "Edit" > "Preferences" > "Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts";
    2) Click on the "Sign in as a different user" link;
    3) Type "yes" in the box and then click the "Sign Out"  button;
    4) Sign back in using the exact same Quicken User ID and Password.

Then try the One Step Update again.  Let me know how this goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @DavidSmith,

Sorry to hear that you are having this problem.  To fix it, I suggest that you try the following steps:

1) Go into "Edit" > "Preferences" > "Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts";
    2) Click on the "Sign in as a different user" link;
    3) Type "yes" in the box and then click the "Sign Out"  button;
    4) Sign back in using the exact same Quicken User ID and Password.

Then try the One Step Update again.  Let me know how this goes.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• DavidSmith
    DavidSmith Member ✭✭✭
    I did that and it would let one step update complete, but now one of my primary investment accounts has corrupt data. prior to going through the steps the file/account had good data.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @DavidSmith,

Those steps have no affect on data.  What type of data corruption are you seeing?

Frankx

• DavidSmith
    DavidSmith Member ✭✭✭
    i figured it out. I never sync the cloud. when i went through the sign in as different user steps, when it opened the file it wanted to sync from the cloud. i mistakenly let it do that. thus bad/old data was written into the file (somewhat assuming this). i re did the steps but did not sync from cloud, but did sync to cloud. this time the file was ok and is now letting me run one step update. thx for your help.
  • sfjal
    sfjal Member ✭✭
    Helpful
This discussion has been closed.