New user, new subscription, cannot authenticate after installing

Options
Windows domain user, created subscription on quicken, and installed on desktop all ok. Wanted to install on laptop, logged into account, downloaded quicken and installed, all fine. Open Quicken and prompted for username and password, input same user and password used to log into web account. error message ops try again, if this happens again contact support. Support says hey its the firewall OK new rule Add quicken still prompt for username and password but no further? I cannot find any info on specific error or correct firewall settings. FYI this has anything to do with the Quicken file location etc.. I have tried to open quicken minus loading the file? still cannot get pass username and password after dbl clicking Quicken Icon to open?

Answers

• SMJOH
    SMJOH Member
    Options
    It may not work, but try going to https://signin.quicken.com/signin?client_id=quicken_estore&response_type=code&redirect_uri=https://www.quicken.com/qam-callback to sign in on the laptop. Then try again through Quicken, while still logged in at Quicken.com.
  • Obiwan
    Obiwan Unconfirmed, Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I have tried this, I have also tried a laptop in a work group, all firewall **** down and no virus protection? Quicken support says they can see the login attempt but nothing else. This its a firewall issue? Ok I have shut everything down? I cannot find any info and support cannot seem to tell me , anything besides domains don't work and its a firewall issue! OK what ports do I need, what protocols can I monitor etc.. I can't believe that I am the 1st one to experience this issue?
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @Obiwan

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering here by chance is your work laptop using a work VPN? If so that could be the reason we could be having issues. If that might be the case I would try to deactivate it to see if you have a similar issues. This could be a potential reason but it depends if not we can take a look at a couple of other options as well.

Once you get the chance let us know some more details and we'll see what we're able to find.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco