Still experiencing issues

Brian Gunn
Brian Gunn Member ✭✭
On my main Quicken file, I am not getting all the transactions that I know are available (talking days). I have tried various things to resolve even to the point of creating a new file that picks up at the beginning of the year.
I did notice the posting about a "system wide" issue but I am still not getting the downloads. Plus, when I "sync" I get errors but no resolutions.
I have been here recently with same/similar issues but they seem to be back or not resolved.

On the two other accounts that I have seem to be functioning just fine.

Any thoughts?
BGunn

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi again @BGunn,

Thanks for the information - it is helpful.

One of the principal things that your information indicates - and I am basing this principally on the 2 .jpg files you attached - is that you are "synching with the Quicken Cloud" whether you know that or not.  And I believe that to be the source of you data issues.  Whether this is something you want, or need to do, is something you should consider.

If you only use (or run) the desktop version of Quicken there is no need to sync your Quicken file.  Therefore I suggest that you stop that syncing process by taking the following steps:

1) In Quicken - go to "Edit" > "Preferences" > "Mobile & Web";
    2) In the right hand box - make sure the "Sync:" button id "Off" or turn it to "Off" by clicking on it:
    3) Click "OK".

It should look like this when you are done:

Once you change this setting, you should close out Quicken and open it up again.  You should then try "updating" your accounts using "One Step Update". (Note - "updating" is the process of downloading transactions into Quicken - while "synching" has to do with Quicken mobile & Quicken on the web. And "synching" is an entirely different process - meant to align the data between your desktop and those other 2 non-desktop ways to view your data, while you are away from your desktop.)  Hopefully this will return your data into alignment with the Credit Union.

Let me know how that goes and/or if you have followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Brian Gunn,

Can you tell us which financial institutions are involved, how you connect to them (direct connect, express web connect, or web connect) and what error codes (if any) you receive for each?  Also, are you synching to the Quicken mobile or the web? Did the "new account" that "picks up at the beginning of the year" show all expected downloads that your regulr file does not?

This information will help us determine next steps.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Brian Gunn
    Brian Gunn Member ✭✭
    Q1: Seems to be only Lake Michigan CU that is affected. That being said, the other two "profiles" also have LMCU accounts and they are working fine.

Q2: All profiles are linked via "Express Web Connect"

Q3: Currently receiving NO error messages. Other than the one most recent that was posted by Quicken as being known.

Q4: I do not use mobile only desktop version and that is what is syncing and where I experience an issue.

Q5: Once I setup the new account, yes, it did download several transactions going back to November. However, it did NOT download all the transactions.

As for the syncing issues, I am attaching a the two windows that pop-up.
    Issue #1 - states the error.
    Issue #2 - states the full error but does not (nor has it ever) offered a "repair" option.

I did try something once and that was to go to the noted error, change the date to a day ahead (or behind), then sync again. Up popped a different error. Went on down the line and, eventually, it went back to the original error date.

Anything else that might be of service?

BGunn
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi again @BGunn,

Thanks for the information - it is helpful.

One of the principal things that your information indicates - and I am basing this principally on the 2 .jpg files you attached - is that you are "synching with the Quicken Cloud" whether you know that or not.  And I believe that to be the source of you data issues.  Whether this is something you want, or need to do, is something you should consider.

If you only use (or run) the desktop version of Quicken there is no need to sync your Quicken file.  Therefore I suggest that you stop that syncing process by taking the following steps:

1) In Quicken - go to "Edit" > "Preferences" > "Mobile & Web";
    2) In the right hand box - make sure the "Sync:" button id "Off" or turn it to "Off" by clicking on it:
    3) Click "OK".

It should look like this when you are done:

Once you change this setting, you should close out Quicken and open it up again.  You should then try "updating" your accounts using "One Step Update". (Note - "updating" is the process of downloading transactions into Quicken - while "synching" has to do with Quicken mobile & Quicken on the web. And "synching" is an entirely different process - meant to align the data between your desktop and those other 2 non-desktop ways to view your data, while you are away from your desktop.)  Hopefully this will return your data into alignment with the Credit Union.

Let me know how that goes and/or if you have followups.

Frankx

• Brian Gunn
    Brian Gunn Member ✭✭
    Frankx:
    While it is not back to 100% (yet), I am getting more of the transactions than before. Thanks again for the assist.
This discussion has been closed.