Credit card automatically Reconciling when an entry is downloaded

Options
My Chase credit card now automatically reconciles a transaction once it is downloaded and accepted. There is nothing I do to force this to happen. This just started happening after the last release , possibly the release before.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @mikeglaspy

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. It sounds like you may have the automatic reconcile enabled. 

You can double check by going to the account with the register you're having issues with then going to the reconcile. You should then be presented with the screen asking if you'd like to use paper statement or online balance. Below online balance you'll want to make sure auto reconcile downloaded transactions is not check marked. 

Once you get the chance let us know if you're able to get the option off. If not we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @mikeglaspy

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. It sounds like you may have the automatic reconcile enabled. 

You can double check by going to the account with the register you're having issues with then going to the reconcile. You should then be presented with the screen asking if you'd like to use paper statement or online balance. Below online balance you'll want to make sure auto reconcile downloaded transactions is not check marked. 

Once you get the chance let us know if you're able to get the option off. If not we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• mikeglaspy
    mikeglaspy Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Francisco: yep, that was the issue! I don't recall clicking the auto option, but I might have. All is well!

Thanks so much for your helpful response.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Options
    @mikeglaspy

Glad to here you were able to get it working and turned off! If you do run into anymore issues feel free to post another question or comment on an existing one!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco