Multiple PayPal Accounts and 2FA Issue

I have three PayPal accounts linked on Quicken. When I try to update them, I'm prompted to enter my 2 Factor Authentication code.

First - PayPal does allow through their website the option to "Remember this device" so 2FA codes don't need to be entered all the time. Can that also be implemented in Quicken?

I can live with it if I have to enter it (more security is always preferred over no security). But is it possible to show the name of the account on the 2FA popup in Quicken? The screen just says "PayPal requires that you enter more information in order to connect." and I have to guess which account it's asking for. I inevitably guess wrong, and the update fails and I have to update each account manually.

I'd really like to continue to use 2FA but this is awfully inconvenient! :/

FWIW, I have 2FA enables on a CapitalOne account and Quicken "just works" without being prompted.

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @KyleB

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. In this case it would be up to PayPal to have a way for us to be authorized without having to put in the code every time. From personal experience it was having to type in the code each time for PayPal or have 2FA off as well. I would recommend trying to contact PayPal to see if there's a way to authorize Quicken. I do apologize for not having better news.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @KyleB

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. In this case it would be up to PayPal to have a way for us to be authorized without having to put in the code every time. From personal experience it was having to type in the code each time for PayPal or have 2FA off as well. I would recommend trying to contact PayPal to see if there's a way to authorize Quicken. I do apologize for not having better news.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

This discussion has been closed.