Cloud Sync not working - made changes to desktop and I don't see the changes in the cloud.

Options
Koloheboy
Koloheboy Member ✭✭
Hi,

I purchase the Mac version and I have access to web and mobile. If I made changes to the category on transactions on the desktop can it be all updated to web and mobile?

Answers

• MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    That's how it is supposed to work... after you synchronize.

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

• Koloheboy
    Koloheboy Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @MontanaKarl said:
    > That's how it is supposed to work... after you synchronize.

That is what I thought too. I made changes to desktop program and I don't see the changes on the cloud. Same with the app I made other changes I don't see it on the desktop or iPad app.
  • MontanaKarl
    edited March 2021
    Options
    In the Mac desktop app, if you go to Quicken > Preferences and click on the Mobile, Web & Alerts tab - to you have Sync turned on?  Are you signed into both desktop, web and mobile with the same Quicken ID (email)?

If yes to both of those... have you manually synced, by going to the desktop app Accounts menu and clicking on Sync to Mobile (or pressing ctrl+s)?  Web and mobile sync continuously.  Desktop normally syncs when you launch and quit.  To sync while working, you would use the menu option as far as I know.

If none of the above is the issue, see if any of the troubleshooting here helps, for example, resetting the cloud data:

https://www.quicken.com/support/troubleshooting-quicken-mobile-companion-app

• Koloheboy
    Koloheboy Member ✭✭
    Options
    @MontanaKarl Thanks for all of your help. One question now is last time all the data sync on the desktop was 2/28/2021. I did manual sync too and no new update.
  • MontanaKarl
    Options
    @Koloheboy  Beyond what I listed above... where the cloud file might be the most likely issue... I don't have any other suggestions.  Perhaps someone like @Jacobs or @NotACPA have some ideas, but otherwise you may have to contact Quicken support.

• studpup
    studpup Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    My $.02, you have to log out of app.quicken.com and back in to see changes. it doesn't update real time in my experience. 

wags Glad to be here!

This discussion has been closed.