Citi Card update generates CC-502 error

Michael_J
Michael_J Member ✭✭
The last two weeks Quicken has given Citi Card a CC-502 error when I try to update and download my transactions. It says wait 24 hours and try again. I have tried various fixes mentioned but not having any luck. The only way to get my transaction is to sign into Citi Card and download from there. This error is not presently shown in "Alerts and Known Product issues". Does Quicken have a fix for this that works? Thanks.

Best Answer

• Michael_J
    Michael_J Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I found the answer to my CC-502 error.
    I went into my Citi website account and turned OFF the security text alert in order to log in to my account. I then logged in on the website again. It asked me to now update my security questions and I did so.
    Logged out and back in.
    I went into Quicken and Setup my Citi account. It now allows me to download transactions again.
    I then went back to my Citi website account and turned ON the text alert for logging in.
    I then went back to Quicken and I can still connect as normal. I tried this a few times.
    My problem is solved.

Answers

• THEmikehd
    THEmikehd Member ✭✭✭
    I ran into this a few weeks ago and after running through the standard fixes I chatted with tech support. I recall that Q was having some server issues with Citi; no idea why it wasn't on the issue list. It cleared up and has been working fine for me (lately).

You might do a support chat and see if you can get a resolution.
    Mike - Quicken Deluxe - latest version always
  • Michael_J
    Michael_J Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I found the answer to my CC-502 error.
    I went into my Citi website account and turned OFF the security text alert in order to log in to my account. I then logged in on the website again. It asked me to now update my security questions and I did so.
    Logged out and back in.
    I went into Quicken and Setup my Citi account. It now allows me to download transactions again.
    I then went back to my Citi website account and turned ON the text alert for logging in.
    I then went back to Quicken and I can still connect as normal. I tried this a few times.
    My problem is solved.
This discussion has been closed.