How do we go about deleting old transactions from our register(eg. Bank Account)

Any suggestions?

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

Hello @sergeb

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. If you're looking for a way to archive your transactions and have a smaller amount something like a year end copy might be something that would help you out. You're able to create a duplicate of your existing file and will delete any transactions that are reconciled prior to the date set. I'll leave more information down below for you to look at.

https://www.quicken.com/support/when-use-year-end-copy-or-copy-file

Let me know if this helps you out. If not we can look at another way to accomplish this.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• sergeb
    sergeb Member ✭✭
    Thanks Francisco. Unfortunately, it did not do the job of clearing old banking transactions (since 2013) in the register. I had the same problem with my old software of 2013 whereby every time I tried to do a year-end copy the transactions would not delete from the register. I guess the only way around it is starting back from scracth and open a new file with carry forward balance. Let me know if you have any other suggestions. Thanks