New to Quicken - Linking RBC Accounts

Options
I have connected to RBC and downloaded my accounts but it always picks up a few days in arrears and is never current and actual balances are not accurate in Quicken. I then tried downloading the transactions and dropping them into Quicken. That worked and I coded the transactions to the proper categories. Then a few days later I go to update and it overwrites my previous transactions and I have to go back and make category changes again. Any ideas?

Best Answer

• Valderi
    Valderi Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi CCFX20. I am with RBC also.

It is normal for a transaction to take 24 working hours after it is registered in your RBC account for it to be downloaded into Quicken. I think it is a security issue. It takes a little longer if your transaction falls on a Saturday or Sunday. It will not be downloaded into Quicken until the following Tuesday.

For categories, you can automatically rename Payes by clicking on "Tools" and set "Renaming rules" (in Quicken for windows) . But, it will be easier to enter by yourself your transactions first in Quicken. RBC will find them and match them with their downloaded names keeping your own names.

Answers

• Valderi
    Valderi Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi CCFX20. I am with RBC also.

It is normal for a transaction to take 24 working hours after it is registered in your RBC account for it to be downloaded into Quicken. I think it is a security issue. It takes a little longer if your transaction falls on a Saturday or Sunday. It will not be downloaded into Quicken until the following Tuesday.

For categories, you can automatically rename Payes by clicking on "Tools" and set "Renaming rules" (in Quicken for windows) . But, it will be easier to enter by yourself your transactions first in Quicken. RBC will find them and match them with their downloaded names keeping your own names.
This discussion has been closed.