Report invoices by payment & turn off auto associate of invoices to payments

Options
I am using quicken home and business pc and two things are driving me nuts

1. when i add a payment it auto associates invoices with it using a crazy algorithm and is always wrong .. how do i turn it off ?

2. as part of this but for general purposes i need to run a report of payments and invoices associated with each .. would be simple if quicken ever gives us a custom report writer but i cannot find this basic function anywhere .. any thoughts ?

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @gclark2712

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. Generally when you add a payment you should be able to add it to an existing invoice so it doesn't calculate on its own.  If you could explain exactly how you put them in so we're able to take a better look.

As it goes for reports I believe you're look for a report that breaks it down by invoice. You may be able to do this by going to the register with the invoices and then in the top right clicking on the gear dropdown. From there go to more reports > register report. I believe this breaks it down by invoice so you're able to take a better look but let me know if that's not the case. 

Once you get the chance let us know more and we'll see what we can do next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• gclark2712
    gclark2712 Member ✭✭
    Options
    On first issue there are two points
    1 when I receive a payment I like to enter it showing the deposit to our bank account. Then twice a month I go in and assign the invoices. I don’t want you to auto allocate it because you tend to get it wrong assuming date of invoice aligns with dat of payment sequence which it doesn’t

2 second quicken corrupts it’s data occasionally especially version updates. And then it does a mass reallocate .. I even have 11/20 invoices applied to 1/20 payments which is silly .. I don’t need you to fix the algo just tell me how to turn off auto match

3 related to #2 but general .. I just want a report of payments and under each payment a list of invoices it apples to (yes our clients tend to make one monthly payment applied to 3 or 4 invoices .. as above not always in date order)
This discussion has been closed.