How do I plot balances from multiple accounts?

I would like to create a plot of the sum of balances from aa few accounts ( 1 checking, 3 savings). To see how my liquid assets have trended over time.

How do I create such a plot ?
X- axis: with selectable time range
Y- axis: sum of daily balances of (account #1, 2, 3, 4)

Best Answers

• studpup
    studpup Windows Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Reports / Net worth & Balances, Account Balances. Click the gear, Accounts tab, and Clear All then checkmark next to 1,2,3,4. Interval Month might be nice.

wags Glad to be here!

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi @Aloke,

You can create such a report as follows:

1)* Go to: "Reports" > "Net Worth and Balances" > "Account Balances";
    2) When the report appears in the pop-up window - Click on the Gear icon in the upper right;
    3) In the new "Customize Account Balances" window > click on the "Accounts" tab;
    4) Hit the "Clear All" button > then select only the bank accounts that you want to be included in the report and click "OK";
    5) When the report screen again appears > Click on the "Date Range" drop down and make that whatever period you want to view;
    6) Next, Click on the "Date Interval" drop down and make that whatever time frame  you want to view (however there is not a daily balance - the smallest time frame is a one week interval).

* - BTW, this report will show both a "graph" and a "report" - if you just want the graph, change step 1) above to the following:
    1) Go to: "Reports" > "Graphs" > "Account Balances";

That should do it!

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• studpup
    studpup Windows Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Reports / Net worth & Balances, Account Balances. Click the gear, Accounts tab, and Clear All then checkmark next to 1,2,3,4. Interval Month might be nice.

wags Glad to be here!

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi @Aloke,

You can create such a report as follows:

1)* Go to: "Reports" > "Net Worth and Balances" > "Account Balances";
    2) When the report appears in the pop-up window - Click on the Gear icon in the upper right;
    3) In the new "Customize Account Balances" window > click on the "Accounts" tab;
    4) Hit the "Clear All" button > then select only the bank accounts that you want to be included in the report and click "OK";
    5) When the report screen again appears > Click on the "Date Range" drop down and make that whatever period you want to view;
    6) Next, Click on the "Date Interval" drop down and make that whatever time frame  you want to view (however there is not a daily balance - the smallest time frame is a one week interval).

* - BTW, this report will show both a "graph" and a "report" - if you just want the graph, change step 1) above to the following:
    1) Go to: "Reports" > "Graphs" > "Account Balances";

That should do it!

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Aloke
    Aloke Member ✭✭
    Thank you all for very helpful answers.

Aloke
This discussion has been closed.