Q2011 - says "Files are from later version"

Options
DrJ
DrJ Member ✭✭
I stopped using my 2011 Premier version 5 years ago (retired). Our friendly government (IRS) wants some figures but when I tried to open my files it said that the files are from a later version. How can I convert them for an older version vr. 11
Thanks

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @drj

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. While I don't have any patches for Quicken 2011 one thing that you can attempt to try is to see if we're able to convert the files to Quicken 2013 to get the files open. I'll leave an article down below with the 2013 program available. You can find it under the if you are converting from Quicken 2004 through 2009 section.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-and-when-use-intermediate-version-convert-older-versions-quicken

Let us know if this helps get your old files open!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @drj

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. While I don't have any patches for Quicken 2011 one thing that you can attempt to try is to see if we're able to convert the files to Quicken 2013 to get the files open. I'll leave an article down below with the 2013 program available. You can find it under the if you are converting from Quicken 2004 through 2009 section.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-and-when-use-intermediate-version-convert-older-versions-quicken

Let us know if this helps get your old files open!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You may be running an older release of QW2011. The last release was R8. If you are using an earlier release, download and install the R8 Mondo patch from here:

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.