Windows Error 2328 when trying to install Quicken

janet21
janet21 Member ✭✭
I purchased Quicken Deluxe online and while trying to install I get error code 2328. I called customer support and they said it's a windows/Microsoft issue. They said to turn off virus protection and firewall and to try again, which I did, and got the same error. Any advice?

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    For more about this Windows installer error please review https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/msi/windows-installer-error-messages
    Where did you purchase and download Quicken from? Quicken.com or some other website?
    Which version of Quicken is this supposed to be?
    Which version of Windows are you running?
    If you purchased from quicken.com, try to download the installer file again and save it to your Downloads folder. Once download has completed and has been scanned by your AV program, right-click the downloaded installation file. Click "Run as Administrator" to execute the installation program.

• janet21
    janet21 Member ✭✭
    I purchased the deluxe online edition from Quicken.com.
    I am running Windows 10 Pro.
    I'll try your recommended action and let you know.
    Thank you.
  • janet21
    janet21 Member ✭✭
    I deleted the original download and followed your instructions. I downloaded the file again from the Quicken website, saved to downloads, scanned with Microsoft defender (no issues) and chose "run as administrator" to try to install. I got the same error message (Error code 2328). This is also from the "reason for error":
    Error 2328.Error getting file version info for file: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\mfc100chs.dll.
  • studpup
    studpup Windows Beta Beta
    I might recommend (re)installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64) https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632

Was your system installed and currently using English as the language?

wags Glad to be here!

• janet21
    janet21 Member ✭✭
    > @Studpup said:
    >
    > Was your system installed and currently using English as the language? Yes