How to edit rules

Options
Pencat
Pencat Member
I am working with a client with Quicken Windows and can't find a way to edit rules and payees the way you can on Quicken for Mac in the Window view.

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    "edit rules" isn't very descriptive, but since you mentioned payees I will assume you are talking about payee renaming rules and Memorized payees.

Renaming rules "normalize" the payee, like changing "Safeway #434343" to "Safeway", and then the resulting payee is match to payees in the Memorized Payee List, and when found the the transaction will be filled in with the information in it like that category.  You can find both of these on the Tools menu.

Note that the Memorized Payee List is also used to when manually entering a payee.
    Also there are several preferences that affect this process.
    Edit -> Preferences -> Data entry and QuickFill

Edit -> Preferences -> Downloaded transactions

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    "edit rules" isn't very descriptive, but since you mentioned payees I will assume you are talking about payee renaming rules and Memorized payees.

Renaming rules "normalize" the payee, like changing "Safeway #434343" to "Safeway", and then the resulting payee is match to payees in the Memorized Payee List, and when found the the transaction will be filled in with the information in it like that category.  You can find both of these on the Tools menu.

Note that the Memorized Payee List is also used to when manually entering a payee.
    Also there are several preferences that affect this process.
    Edit -> Preferences -> Data entry and QuickFill

Edit -> Preferences -> Downloaded transactions

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Pencat
    Pencat Member
    Options
    Thank you! I will try this the next time I am on her computer. (I wasn't sure what this was called on Windows, since the Mac version just has an option under Edit Payees and Rules).