Reports for only one category at time with subtotals for each payee over a number of years?

SaxBro
SaxBro Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Reports (Mac)
For instance, I'd like to be able to see in a report how much I have given to charity annually over the past 20+ years (without having to wade thru all my other categories at the same time), then also be able to see (in a different view) how much I have given to each individual charity over that time period. Easy to do in QM2007, is that possible in the new version?

Best Answers

• SaxBro
    SaxBro Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I print an annual report for each category (from multiple accounts, including checking, cash, credit cards) showing my individual transactions. This is for my accountant each year. How do I do that in Quicken Mac now?
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    This is pretty easy. I'll start with the 2nd question first:
    1. Start by creating a Transaction Report (if you want the transaction detail) or a Summary Report if you only want totals.
    2. Select Payee for Row. If you're doing a Summary Report, also choose Time for  Column and Time Interval = None.
    3. Click Continue to Customize
    4. Select your desired timeframe in Date Range.
    5. Click the Categories pane, the Clear All (all categories will become unchecked).
    6. Start entering the category name for the report you want in the search box.
    7. When you see the category, check the box next to it.
    8. Click OK.
    The resulting report will be organized by Payee and only contain information about that one category you checked. You can save the report for future use if desired.

To see annual spending in one category:
    1. Start with a Summary Report
    2. Set Row=Payee, Column=Time and Interval=Year
    3. Set the Date Range to your 20 year interval.
    4. Set the category as in step 5 & 6 above.
    5. Click OK.
    This will not only give you the total given to charity each year, but also how much given to each payee. If you're rather only see charity without the individual payees, start with Row=Category instead of Row=Payee

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • SaxBro
    SaxBro Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank you, RickO!!!

Answers

• SaxBro
    SaxBro Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I print an annual report for each category (from multiple accounts, including checking, cash, credit cards) showing my individual transactions. This is for my accountant each year. How do I do that in Quicken Mac now?
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    This is pretty easy. I'll start with the 2nd question first:
    1. Start by creating a Transaction Report (if you want the transaction detail) or a Summary Report if you only want totals.
    2. Select Payee for Row. If you're doing a Summary Report, also choose Time for  Column and Time Interval = None.
    3. Click Continue to Customize
    4. Select your desired timeframe in Date Range.
    5. Click the Categories pane, the Clear All (all categories will become unchecked).
    6. Start entering the category name for the report you want in the search box.
    7. When you see the category, check the box next to it.
    8. Click OK.
    The resulting report will be organized by Payee and only contain information about that one category you checked. You can save the report for future use if desired.

To see annual spending in one category:
    1. Start with a Summary Report
    2. Set Row=Payee, Column=Time and Interval=Year
    3. Set the Date Range to your 20 year interval.
    4. Set the category as in step 5 & 6 above.
    5. Click OK.
    This will not only give you the total given to charity each year, but also how much given to each payee. If you're rather only see charity without the individual payees, start with Row=Category instead of Row=Payee

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • SaxBro
    SaxBro Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank you, RickO!!!
This discussion has been closed.