Error CC-501 at Synchrony Bank

Options
2»

Answers

• WM-2021
    WM-2021 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Every time I disconnect then reconnect, Synchrony works. I have done this multiple times with Quicken support and they tell me each time that it is now fixed. But the very next day, the CC-501 error for Synchrony is back and it no longer works. Quicken support--are you doing anything to fix this problem? Every time I call you I'm told there is no problem with Synchrony or with the Quicken server?!?
  • endoman
    endoman Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have given up wasting my time with Quicken support. They are useless for this problem.
  • Brad
    Brad Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Interesting note to this situation which I also suffer from (on my desktop).
    I fired up my laptop which I had not used for Q in a while. After Q updated the program to the current version (V R32.12 Build: 27.1.32.12 which is the same on both machines), I updated my data on the laptop, and surprise, both of my Synchrony accounts (CD and a savings) updated with no error. I also did a data update on my desktop at the same time and got my usual CC-501 error.
    I will test with my laptop tomorrow. If it follows the reported actions, my guess it will error the next time I try.
    BRAD
  • Mark Torpey
    Mark Torpey Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    My guess is that you will get the error. If I deactivate or re-set the accounts, I can achieve 1 clean download and then the 501 error each time after. Good luck! Let us know if you are successful with tomorrow's download.
  • Brad
    Brad Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    As we all expected, the next time I attempted to update from the laptop, got the usual CC-501 error.
    I sure am happy the I only have a savings account and a cd, neither of which have much activity. If they were my 'main' accounts, I would have to consider pulling my money out of Synchrony and park it elsewhere.
  • RiverRod
    RiverRod Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same CC-501 error from Synchrony Saving account for a month or so. Tried everything I could think of and deactivation and reactivation several times. Might work once, but reverts back to CC-501 error. It's maddening Quicken has not resolved this issue by now!
  • gmk3
    gmk3 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    This error has been going on for weeks. It's about time Quicken support gave it some attention.
  • TI Sailer
    TI Sailer Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same story. No problem for years, now I can't connect and/or update. I get a message telling me NOT to contact Synchrony, "they cannot fix the problem". Therefore, the problem must be with Quicken, so I amplify what gmk3 said, e.g., "It's about time Quicken support gave it some attention". How about, It's about time Quicken fixed the problem -OR- told users they can't fix it and Synchrony accounts will need to be updated manually from now on.
  • WM-2021
    WM-2021 Member ✭✭
    Options
    What's even more upsetting is that when I call Quicken the tech looks things up and then says, "There is no known problem with Synchrony Bank so you should be working fine".
  • RiverRod
    RiverRod Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same problem...it's been many weeks now!
  • Brad
    Brad Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Interesting - I also get the same error when I do my daily 'One Step Update'.
    I have 2 accounts with Synchrony - 1 CD and 1 Savings.
    Even though I get the error, I also get the correct data downloaded. Today I got my interest transaction downloaded for the Savings and I had the CD interest downloaded a couple of days ago.
    Weird.
  • Brad
    Brad Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Recently Q updated to version R33.22. The next time I did a One Step Update, all worked. I fully expected to see the error return, but, after a few more updates, all is still well.
    Fingers crossed!
  • Steven Haferkamp
    Options
    Having the same issue CC 501 with R32.12. Been happening for about 1 month with no resolution.
  • Brad
    Brad Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    As I mentioned on 5/23, after my Q updated to R33.22 my CC 501 Error problem was solved, and still has not returned after daily updates.
  • whiz215
    whiz215 Member
    Options
    Good news. bad news. The good news is that the CC-501 error, which I had been getting for months, seems to be gone, when I download my EXISTING accounts. Bad news...I cannot set up any NEW accounts which customer support made me delete during troubleshooting. Over 2 months of this aggravation really has me questioning why I even pay for this subscription.
  • TEW
    TEW Member
    Options
    Well, I've started getting a CC-502 error when I try to download from just this one account. Retry doesn't work, so I'm having to log in to the account, download transactions in Quicken format, then open the downloaded file to accept the transactions. Not a handy workaround, and hopefully this will get fixed soon.
  • Brent D
    Brent D Member ✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Same here. CC-502s appears to have started for me with Synchrony Bank on June 12. Deactivated online downloads, but now wont reactivate.
  • jpaler01
    jpaler01 Member
    Options
    Have been getting the cc-501 error since June 9 on my two Synchrony accounts (Lowe's and Amazon Store card). Currently on version R33.24, Build 27.1.33.24. Frustrating problem.
  • whiz215
    whiz215 Member
    Options
    This problem has been happening at least since 3/21/2021, as documented in this post. Actually, it has been an intermittent problem for weeks, if not months longer.

Isn’t it about time that Quicken either fix the problem or be transparent about the fact that perhaps it will never be fixed? In my personal correspondence with Synchrony, they don’t seem to even recognize Quicken or this problem. This is an excerpt from a chat I had with their customer service:

05/19/2021 08:25:17AM Agent (Ben Sebastian): "Synchrony deposit account customers do not have the ability to manage and download account information using Quicken."

Three months is way too long.
  • StuartG
    StuartG Member ✭✭
    Options
    Similar issue with Synchrony Bank (Chevron/Texaco) credit card. I no longer get cc-502 error after I disabled and reconnected the account, but Quicken's on-line balance doesn't match what the Synchrony credit card website says it is. Otherwise, transactions appear to be reconciling correctly -- just the end balance is always off.
  • mickkassem
    mickkassem Member ✭✭
    Options
    Still having problems with Synchrony download. About to give up.
  • whiz215
    whiz215 Member
    Options
    Don’t give up. Hang in there. At this point Quicken ought to be giving us a refund due to their breach of contract. By us paying our subscription fee, they agree to provide us with the ability to manage our finances, by allowing us to download our transactions through various financial institutions. I believe that would also include Synchrony.
  • Brad
    Brad Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess all I can also suggest is 'hang in there'. As I previously mentioned 5/23, after my Q updated to R33.22 my CC 501 Error problem was solved. I am now at R34.16 and still the error has not returned. I do only have a Synchrony checking/savings account and a CD.
  • Pyro606
    Pyro606 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I confirmed again with Synchrony today that they only support Mint and another tool that I honestly didn't care to remember. I followed up and then called Quicken. The rep was surprised to hear that Synchrony said they did not support Quicken. Neither company gave me any sense that this will ever be corrected, and the support from Quicken on this issue was to blame the bank. Horrible customer service from both places for me today. I've cancelled my Quicken subscription as a result. Good luck all.

FYI...the following is where Quicken provides an update every 2 or 3 weeks that continues to just say "no ETA"
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7891382/new-4-2-21-synchrony-bank-associated-cards-return-cc-501-101-error
  • hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

To download my chevron transactions I returned to my prior strategy. During online setup, I entered "mysynchrony" as the financial institution. It listed several credit cards but chevron was not one of them. I chose the first one "Guitar Center". I suspect any would work. Using my id and password from my online chevron account (which is on mysynchrony.com website"  I was able to log into my chevron account and download the transactions. A little weird but it works....
  • jtomalley
    jtomalley Member ✭✭
    Options
    Chevron / Techron account with Synchrony is still very messed up. When I download the transactions and my statements into my Quicken account, even though the balance on the online account is correct, it comes up that my "online balance" in Quicken is WAY wrong. Currently my balance is -$2200.00, but it's showing up as -$20.04 in Quicken. What's weird is that "credit remaining" number is correct.
  • Randall W. Swan
    Options
    So now we know....Quicken needs to reach out to Synchrony.

Synchrony chat:
    09/04/2021 08:29:00AM (Me): "Quicken is unable to connect to my account for transaction download."
    09/04/2021 08:29:15AM Agent (Gino Tamonang): "We are sorry about that Randall. Synchrony deposit account customers do not have the ability to manage and download account information using Quicken. You may manage and download account information using Mint.com. or Yodlee."
    09/04/2021 08:30:09AM (Me): "Why would Synchrony place a limitation on Quicken?"
    09/04/2021 08:31:50AM Agent (Gino Tamonang): "I apologize Randall, we do not have the tie up with Quicken."
    09/04/2021 08:32:45AM (Me): "But the connection was functional in the past. What changed?"
    09/04/2021 08:35:35AM Agent (Gino Tamonang): "We don't have the exact reason regarding the stop. But you are correct, we did stop engaging with Quicken."
This discussion has been closed.