Unable to link new citi visa card number to same account with different number

JP Smithers
JP Smithers Member ✭✭
I have successfully linked and downloadable transactions for several Costco Citi cards for years.
I have two distinct Costco Citi cards. One for business and one for personal expenses.
Because of fraud, I have a new card number for one of two separate Costco Citi visa card accounts.
I download direct from Citi.
Quicken stopped downloading the old, stable, intact Costco Citi account.
I manually downloaded the appropriate file from Citi for the older intact account.
Quicken asks where this file (from the old, intact card) should go by opening the “choose your accounts” window. Under “action”, “add”, the drop down menu does not show the intact stable remaining (non fraud) Costco Citi visa account that is still in Quicken.
The drop down menu also does not show the original account that was closed because of fraud.
Quicken “add” drop down menu shows several other accounts that can be linked to this intact Costco Citi visa file, most of which are not even credit cards.

Answers

• JP Smithers
    JP Smithers Member ✭✭
    Sent too soon.
    Any suggestions on how to link a credit card file to an existing Quicken credit card account when Quicken does not show the existing account as an option in the “add” drop down menu?
    Thanks,
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @JP Smithers

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having.  It sounds like while you were trying to relink but you may have not deactivated prior to relinking the account. I'll leave you steps down below so that we're able to find the account when you do try relinking.

First thing I'll recommend is to save a backup to revert back to just in case. You can find how to do so down below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Next we'll try deactivating all of the accounts. You can do so by following the article listed down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Last we'll want to add the account as new. You can do so by going across the top to accounts > new. From here find your account you should be able to find it in the dropdown this time. 

Once you get a chance let us know how it goes! If you run into any issues we'll take another look!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• JP Smithers
    JP Smithers Member ✭✭
    Thanks. This helped somewhat. For whatever reason, a single payment to the Costco Citi card that had fraudulent Uber charges, is not recognized by Quicken. The payment is in the list of transactions in the account, is reconciled and such, but the account is off by exact amount of this single payment. My next best option to not use this Costco Citi card any longer, enter an adjustment so the Quicken balance matches the online balance ($0 = zero).

Problem with Costco Citi card is if I close this account now, Costco or Citi revokes the Costco rebate I earned this year.

Thanks
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @JP Smithers

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear you got it mostly intact besides the one transaction. If that's the only transaction you're having difficulty with I would recommend adding it in manually and seeing if you have similar issues with after having some time to analyze.

Let us know once you get the chance!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.