Downloads not showing blue dot or downloading at all from Bank of America

Options
tviemont
tviemont Member
Downloads not showing blue dot or not downloading at all from Bank of America. My wife noticed this issue Thursday, 3/24. We are connecting to BofA using Quicken Connect

Best Answer

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi again, tviemont: 

It sounds more like new transactions are not getting downloaded. If so, that is a concern. 

Download issues are difficult for a fellow user such as myself to assist with, so it is best that you reach out to official Quicken support as they have more tools to better assist you. (They can share your screen to see what you are seeing, etc.) It might even be the new transactions are indeed downloading, but you have gotten in a weird view that you don't see them. That is why it is best to contact support.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Answers

• John_in_NC
    Options
    Hi, tviemont:

Which is it? Is it not downloading transactions, or do the new transactions that do get downloaded not display a blue dot/blue pencil (matched) icon?
  • tviemont
    tviemont Member
    Options
    It says it downloads 8 transactions, but there is no data there
  • John_in_NC
    Options
    Thanks for responding, tviemont:

I don't know if this is necessarily a problem.

If you are looking at the Account Status Window, then Quicken Connected accounts will not refresh the "n Downloaded Transactions" field until the next time an actual transaction is downloaded.

So, if you downloaded 8 transactions last week, that text is what it will remain until the next time a new transaction comes through. (Even if you refresh every day.) I find it annoying, but the software engineers say that behavior is "working as designed."

Now, if new transactions are actually dropped into your account and you don't get blue dots, that is a different matter. But, I suspect you are seeing the former. 
  • tviemont
    tviemont Member
    Options
    OK. Thank you for the note about the number of transactions. That's a bad piece of design. Transactions are happening in my account screen at BofA, but they are not downloading to Quicken in the last two weeks, since 3/12.
  • John_in_NC
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi again, tviemont: 

It sounds more like new transactions are not getting downloaded. If so, that is a concern. 

Download issues are difficult for a fellow user such as myself to assist with, so it is best that you reach out to official Quicken support as they have more tools to better assist you. (They can share your screen to see what you are seeing, etc.) It might even be the new transactions are indeed downloading, but you have gotten in a weird view that you don't see them. That is why it is best to contact support.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support
This discussion has been closed.