Renew Membership Dialog Box

A year ago I decided to upgrade Quicken to the subscription because I had not updated in a while and I read that the Quicken CEO still indicated that you can continue to use the product manually after the subscription runs out - though some things would be removed. I was fine with that - to be honest I did not use many of the things that got removed.
I am even fine with a banner at the top of the screen and the side of the screen telling me that the subscription has expired. What I am not fine with is that every time I enter anything new a Membership Expired dialog box pops up. I would be fine if this popped up once per session - but no it pops up constantly while doing many things. On some transactions it might pop up 4-5 times in a row. It makes the product unusable.

I am hoping that I am just missing a setting and that someone can show me how I can stop that dialog box from appearing so many times. If not - sadly I may have to move on from Quicken.

Best Answer

• jcs
    jcs Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @mshiggins I think I figured out what is going on. Not sure why but I have a work around. What appears to happen is on the "Bills&Income" tab - there are two sub-tabs: "Bills, Income & Transfers" and "Projected Balances".

I must have left mine on Projected Balances. It seems like when you go onto that tab - you get that dialog box. But if you leave the Bills&Income on that tab - then it generates that dialog box all the time - even when I am adding a transaction into a account's register.

If I put that screen back to "Bills, Income & Transfers" - then my problem goes away. Hopefully that made sense. And thank you for your help - your reaction to the issue made me dig into the problem more to look for something like this.

Thanks!

Answers

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jcs can you please post a screen capture of the dialog box?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • jcs
    jcs Member ✭✭
    Hopefully this works...
  • mshiggins
    @jcs are you by chance running Starter edition? Starter edition becomes read only after the subscription expires. You can check the edition via Help | About Quicken.

• jcs
    jcs Member ✭✭
    No I am running Quicken Deluxe - my subscription ran out about a week ago. That is when this issue started.
  • jcs
    jcs Member ✭✭
    BTW - while I get that dialog - it actually performs the action. If I create a new transaction in my checking account. That dialog pops up. I say OK - and then it puts the transaction into my checking account
  • mshiggins
    @jcs let me inquire, I don't recall hearing about this nag dialog box previously. 

• jcs
    jcs Member ✭✭
    Thank you!
  • jcs
    jcs Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @mshiggins I think I figured out what is going on. Not sure why but I have a work around. What appears to happen is on the "Bills&Income" tab - there are two sub-tabs: "Bills, Income & Transfers" and "Projected Balances".

I must have left mine on Projected Balances. It seems like when you go onto that tab - you get that dialog box. But if you leave the Bills&Income on that tab - then it generates that dialog box all the time - even when I am adding a transaction into a account's register.

If I put that screen back to "Bills, Income & Transfers" - then my problem goes away. Hopefully that made sense. And thank you for your help - your reaction to the issue made me dig into the problem more to look for something like this.

Thanks!
  • mshiggins
    @jcs that is very strange. I can't imagine why having the Bill & Income Reminders tab showing the Projected Balances view would cause that dialog to appear.