Why do some auto scheduled transaction not automatically post?

lokigrac
lokigrac Member ✭✭
I have transactions that I schedule to be entered on the first of the month and they are scheduled to be "automatically entered'" and "zero days in advance". Some of them post on time every month and some do not. For the ones that do not if I look at the schedule on the first day of the month the status is "Auto" in red. The next day the schedule flags them as late but does not enter them.

Best Answer

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    There are two possible solutions to auto schedules not working. I would first start with validating the file to check for data corruption. File>File Operations>Validate. The next option is to delete the offending reminder and reenter to see if that clears the issue.

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    There are two possible solutions to auto schedules not working. I would first start with validating the file to check for data corruption. File>File Operations>Validate. The next option is to delete the offending reminder and reenter to see if that clears the issue.
  • rons9083
    rons9083 Member ✭✭
    Click on the "gear" at the top right of the register, click on "Reminders to show in register", select the time frame that you want the reminders to be entered for. You will have to do this for each individual account register that you want to show reminders for. You will not be able to edit an individual reminder in a register until after the "due date" of the entry. Quicken Support will tell you that this has always been the way that reminders work, but I know from experience that this is not the case. I have been using Quicken since the '80s. This change just took place within the last 2 to 4 weeks.
  • lokigrac
    lokigrac Member ✭✭
    For me validating the file fixed the problem. I have several scheduled transactions each month and only 2 of them were not posting. As soon as I validated the file they posted. In the register I have set it to "Don't show reminders" and will leave it that way for now.
This discussion has been closed.