CC-502 errors with Bank of America

Options
2»

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

We still are seeing some users with 502 errors with Bank of America. We are also looking for collect more information from users that are being affected by the issue. You may receive a call from Quicken asking to collect more information from the issue.  If we receive any more information I'll post it here or there will be an announcement thread.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • fireschock
    fireschock Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Still experiencing this issue on B43.8
  • fireschock
    fireschock Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Account refresh based on based on Fankx's link resolved the problem
  • tigerhawk83
    tigerhawk83 Member ✭✭
    Options
    It is now working reliably for me. On April 29, I finally was able to link my accounts back to BOA in the accounts list. I was asked for MFA and texted a number, which I was able to enter into a box in Quicken. Since then I can download these accounts through One Step Update, didn't need a MFA number again. Hopefully it will start working for others now.
  • robert W
    robert W Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi everyone. I have not had a chance to call Quicken support and the CC-502 problem has not resolved itself on its own. As an interim solution I have stopped using the BoA credit card that I have been unable to reconnect in Quicken. I have not missed it and may just continue to use other cards.
  • dmdieckgraeff
    dmdieckgraeff Member
    Options
    I have now been dealing with this problem since late March. Prior to March I had no problems downloading my two separate BofA credit card accounts data. Each is a total different account with a totally different login and Password. Now, only one downloads. I have followed the instructions above to re-connect the one that now doesn't download via Quicken while also being logged in directly into my BoA account as described above. It has not worked. VERY DISAPPOINTED that this error is still occurring after 2 months and there doesn't seem to be a solution.
  • 932Scooter419
    932Scooter419 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Wow really encouraging to see so many "Bank of America CC-502" error threads here (yes, sarcasm). We have a B of A card which has been unable to download for some time. Tried various things I read in the threads here, but I did attempt a deactivation/reactivation before reading any of them here. At first it was a stealthy issue as Quicken was reporting that the download had worked great, except that there were never any transactions captured. I'm old school, I enter my transactions manually and make sure the downloads match before accepting, and it took me a few weeks before I realized "hey, lotta uncleared B of A transactions..." Next was the unsuccessful deactivation/reactivation, which-- no matter what I have tried, like manually selecting "Bank of America-Quicken" as the issuing bank-- brings me back to a CC-502 error. Anyone here with a deft or elegant solution, other than visiting B of A's Web site and manually downloading an OFX file?
  • 932Scooter419
    932Scooter419 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm going to reply to my own comment in case it is helpful for someone. I finally broke down and contacted support, and re-established downloading with Bank of America. Let me detail my steps, as best as I recall.

First, I did the obvious and tried deactivation and reactivation, which (in my experience) is always a last-ditch solution, because there always seems to be a large number of transactions which get re-downloaded and Quicken tags them as "new." These then need to be manually deleted one-by-one. In any case, after reading here, I tried reactivation with both "Bank of America-All Other States" and "Bank of America-Quicken" without success. Both produced a repeatable CC-502 error. Next, I tried logging in to Bank of America with my default browser and downloading an OFX file. Attempting reactivation after accepting the transactions would cause Quicken to launch my default browser (in Windows 10) and open the B of A login page... over and over again.

When I contacted support they had me open a new test file in Quicken and attempt to add a new account at B of A, using both "Bank of America-All Other States" and "Bank of America-Quicken". This produced a CC-502 error for both. We then went back to my main Quicken file, where my B of A account was configured for Web Connect ("update now" would launch my default browser and open it to BankofAmerica.com). I opened the account list and tried to "improve the connection method" with my B of A account. This worked and allowed normal downloading to resume without the CC-502 error.
  • kerrygphx
    kerrygphx Member
    Options
    The steps outlined by SLB1 on April 11 (i.e. keeping a browser open and logged in to BofA) worked for me in finally getting a connection established. Hopefully it will continue to work for additional one step updates.
This discussion has been closed.