lost connectivity to Alliant Credit Union Account

These are the only accounts I have that are "Direct Access" They are often a problem. Yesterday and today I was unable to sign in from Quicken. I can easily sign in from the web and from their app. In following your various steps to fix this I attempted to reset the accounts. Now Quicken says there is no account at that financial institution. I immediately logged in from the web and verified my balances. in looking at the Vault I see that password is not required ???

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Web Connect connection method instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank

Note:  When the Express Web Connect connection method is used the credentials used to access the financial institution's web site are not maintained in the Password Vault.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Web Connect connection method instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank

Note:  When the Express Web Connect connection method is used the credentials used to access the financial institution's web site are not maintained in the Password Vault.
  • Paul S Goldberg
    Paul S Goldberg Member ✭✭
    I had thought that with the latest revision they might have fixed it. Clearly I will just have to put up with the flaky connection. I do know I can use web connect if there is something I really need to update now. I also use the Institution app to be sure the accounts have not been attacked. Thank you for the response