Transfer balance not appearing in Accounts

Options
Hi there -

Wondering if anyone has ever experienced issues with their transfers appearing as $0.00 after they have moved them into a new account? I do not have my online banking linked and update my file manually.

EX) I transferred (CTLR + SHIFT + T) $1000 from my chequings account to my savings. I see the transfer listed in my savings account but the balance amount is $0.00.

I've done the following to trouble shoot:
- Closed and restarted the program
- Downloaded the latest updates
- Ensured that the opening balance date is set to before the transfer date
- Reconciled the opening balance
- Run "Validate and Repair"

Still new to this program and would appreciate any insight anyone can offer!

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @MM-TO

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering here what might be preventing you from transferring. You should still be able to transfer by entering the transaction a bit differently. When trying to transfer instead on a new line you can put the account name in the category field. This will let you direct the transaction to transfer into your selected account. This should work so that you're still able to transfer. 

Once you get the chance let us know if you are able to transfer trying this method. If not we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• MM-TO
    MM-TO Member
    Options
    @Quicken Francisco - the balance still does not appear in the other account.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @MM-TO

Thanks for the update. I'm wondering what's causing the transfers to not go through then here. I'd recommend contacting Quicken Support via chat or phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so, to have the matter looked at and hopefully fixed promptly. This will allow us to see with you what could be causing the issue. I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Quicken Chat Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Sunday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT