Why must I reset cc accounts online service monthly

Three times at least in 2021 I stopped receiving transaction downloads for Discover and Chase Visa credit cards. The account would go through the download cycle with no errors, but return no transactions when several were available. Each time resetting the account online services resolved the problem for a few weeks. Why is this happening; is it a know issue?

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Three times at least in 2021 I stopped receiving transaction downloads for Discover and Chase Visa credit cards. The account would go through the download cycle with no errors, but return no transactions when several were available. Each time resetting the account online services resolved the problem for a few weeks. Why is this happening; is it a know issue?

Which download method is setup for these accounts? (Direct Connect or Express Web Connect)  You can find that info on the Account List (Tools menu).

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Lynn Hoover
    Lynn Hoover Member ✭✭
    Express web connect
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @""Lynn Hoover" ,

Try rebooting Quicken, first.

See this FAQ:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7871528/faq-having-online-quicken-banking-server-issues/p1?new=1

Situation: Many Users have complained about having to reenter their Quicken Password, constantly. So Quicken is no longer requiring it. I believe the stored information, somewhere is becoming corrupted. The Solution is simply. Sign back in. Try it the next time, you think that you need to Reset Individual Accounts.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Direct Connect is available for both Discover and Chase credit cards.  I have both and I don't have the issue that you describe.
    When activating the account for One Step Update, following these screenshots:

The first download will bring in more transactions than you want, but accept the needed new ones and then use this FAQ for removing the rest: FAQ - Getting rid of transactions in D/L tab

• Lynn Hoover
    Lynn Hoover Member ✭✭
    Ok, thanks. I will try your suggestions.
  • lliuphx
    lliuphx Member ✭✭✭
    Splasher,
    I am using version R32.12.
    I have tried deactivating my Discover online connection and reactivating it. There is no longer an advanced option as displayed in your first graphic for activating online connection. All of my accounts are using Express Web Connect, I don't see any way to use Direct Connect. Is Direct Connect being discontinued? Reason that I'm asking is that some transactions don't seem to be downloading.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    After de-activating One Step Update for the existing Discover EWC account; follow the process to add a new account; selecting Discover Card (not Discover Card Account Center); then the Advanced Option; enter the username (not the account #) and password; Quicken will then ask whether to ADD the account, you need to LINK  (change add to link) and lastly select the appropriate existing account.