Schedule Quicken Update - Unattended?

Options
Hello! If I want my updates to be scheduled. I would leave my computer on and not sleeping. I would be sure Q is not running. I would set the Q vault password to be required at Windows startup and not at update time. I would be sure my bank passwords were all correct and correctly updated. Given all this, will the update occur even if I am not present? What should I expect to see when I come back and sign back onto Q? I have Q for Windows 10, up to date via subscription.

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Given all this, will the update occur even if I am not present? What should I expect to see when I come back and sign back onto Q? I have Q for Windows 10, up to date via subscription.
    Provided you also logon after restarting Windows, you will see all accounts updated when you launch Quicken. One note, be sure to not set update time too early as banks do not post account updates until later in the morning. For me, 8:00am works perfectly. 
  • Bill Blaney
    Bill Blaney Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    What if I don't restart Windows when I return to the computer, and just log back into Quicken. Will that give me the same or a different result in Q than coming back and restarting Windows or rebooting? Normally when I am ready to leave for the day I will reboot the computer. That restarts Windows but I haven't been seeing the prompt to provide the Vault Password. Do I need to also start Q, provide the PW, and exit Q?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Options
    EDITED for clarity.

The setting "At Windows startup" is misleading.  It really should say "At user login".

Quicken isn't setting up a "service" that runs in the background, when your machine starts.  When you select to it update on schedule it just starting another process at login time.

BTW I believe it is a requirement not to have a data file password for the scheduler to work.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/