Split transaction entry workflow?

Options
When entering line items in the split dialog, it is very cumbersome to have to click on the category field (or shift+TAB a couple times to back up to it) for each new line. MS Money would give that field focus whenever you starting typing a non-numeric character. Is there any way to make Quicken behave like that?

The workflow now is:
Type category -> <TAB> -> enter amount -> <Enter>
<shift+TAB> -> <shift+TAB> -> type category -> <TAB> -> enter amount -> <Enter>

This would be better (how MS Money used to work):
Type category -> enter amount -> <Enter>
Type category -> enter amount -> <Enter>

Again, typing alpha character would auto-select the category field, and typing digits would auto-select the amount field.

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @sbaird32

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I was taking a look to see if I would have the same thing requiring me to go back and I do but I did also notice that if you were to use tab in the place of enter it'd behave the same as it would if you were to press enter in MS money.  This should work so that you're able to ease the workflow a bit. 

Let us know if this helps you out!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @sbaird32

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I was taking a look to see if I would have the same thing requiring me to go back and I do but I did also notice that if you were to use tab in the place of enter it'd behave the same as it would if you were to press enter in MS money.  This should work so that you're able to ease the workflow a bit. 

Let us know if this helps you out!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• sbaird32
    sbaird32 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Ah, perfect. Thanks so much!
  • Quicken Francisco
    Options
    @sbaird32

Glad to hear it's working for you! If you have any other questions please let us know.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco